Join as a Member
By joining to become a member of the Looe Marine Conservation Group, you will be supporting our dedicated volunteers to continue to run events and undertake activities to protect and preserve Looe’s unique marine habitats and species
- Adult (16+)£6
- Junior £2
- Family £12 – 2 adults & up to 3 children
- Corporate£15 – schools, businesses etc.
Membership can be taken out at any time based on an annual subscription commencing 1st April, ending 31st March. From 30th November onward, membership will be sold ½ price for the rest of the membership year. A membership reminder shall be sent out in the spring.
If you would like to join us, please complete the online form.
If you would prefer or do not have a PayPal account the membership form can be douwn loaded from the link below.
Through membership of the Looe Marine Conservation Group, you will receive the following Benefits:
- Updates and reminders about events and marine conservation in Looe direct to your email
- Join exclusive member only special events, socials and training
- Attend our events for free and receive discounted/priority entry to certain events
- Receive invitations restricted to Members eg Looe Island monthly Seal Survey
- Vote at the AGM (adult members only) and have the opportunity to stand for election to our Committee
If you enjoy your coastline, perhaps by walking the dog on the beach or sailing your boat off shore, you too can become a marine recorder! Tell us whenever you see marine wildlife – dead or alive – as soon as you see it. Your sightings will help us learn more about these often elusive creatures.
Join as a Volunteer
Perhaps you would like to move up the ladder of interest and become a volunteer! No advance knowledge is necessary to become a useful volunteer!
By joining as a volunteer, you can:
- Gain access to unique training opportunities eg rocky shore training; marine identification skills at the Marine Biological Association; how to run an event
- Pursue an interest in a particular area eg cetaceans, basking sharks, seals
- Take part in survey work to monitor and assess the local marine environment in Looe
- Receive invitations to participate in a range of marine survey activities across Cornwall
- Help to organize and run events by manning stands and stalls – ie help to inspire others!
- Attend social events exclusively for volunteers eg annual campover on Looe Island
- We also work with the Cornwall Wildlife Trust to train volunteers in the use of ‘Shoresearch’ survey methodology in order to run detailed studies of our shore area
- Qualified divers may also take advantage of additional organised opportunities/activities
Check out the work of the Cornwall Wildlife Trust on their website, www.cornwallwildlifetrust.org.uk and see what other projects they may have happening near you.
If you wish to become a member, please download the membership form above. If you have further questions about membership or volunteering with us, please complete the form below.
If you require more information about any of our events. please refer to the What’s On? pages and our Facebook and Twitter pages.
You can also email us via our Contact page.