Saturday 5th December Start 2.00 pm. Arrive RNLI by 4.30 pm
Join fellow Looe Marine Conservation Group members during Looe’s Festive Weekend on a festive marine trail through Looe – a guided walk celebrating Looe’s fantastic wildlife. We start at the Coastguard Station at 2 pm. Fuelled by mulled wine and mince pies, we aim to reach the RNLI Station in time for the arrival of Santa Claus at 4.30 pm and his procession back to West Looe.
We’ll follow the route published in our very own LMCG leaflet “Looe’s Inspiring Seashore – A Marine Discovery Trail of Looe”, stopping at key locations to listen to informal commentary from knowledgeable volunteers. Particularly for new members to the group, this is a perfect social combining a bit of shared knowledge and a lot of fun and festive spirit.
Route of the Festive Marine Trail
- 2 pm Start at Coast Guard Station – A welcome from Gill Bridges (Chair)
- Hannafore Hotel – Looe Island & Rocky shore – Martin Gregory (seal survey organiser)
- Pennyland Statue of Nelson – Seals Darryl Thorpe
- Kilminorth Woods – Looe’s birdlife with Derek Spooner plus mince pies & mulled wine
- Fish Market – Sustainable Fish/ Fishing in Looe – Angela Pengelly at 3.30 pm
- East Looe Quayside – Catching crabs – Sue Pybus
- East Looe Seafront – Seagrass/Plastic pollution John Meakin
- RNLI Station/Pub – await arrival of Santa (4.30) or slip off to the pub!
This is a free event for members of LMCG. If you’re not a member, you can join us on the day for £6!